Monday, October 29, 2012

Printmaking Project

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
The giraffe is on the savannah at sunset eating from the tree.
  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
      I added the texture to the bark by cutting out the bark in the tree. This is important because it adds detail to the picture and you can see what the object is. I also cut out the spots on the giraffe to add texture.

3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
         The pink is positive and the blue is negative. I cut out the spots on the giraffe to show negative space. The spots also show the detail.
     
      

4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
        I think I needed more paint on this print because of the white spots in the background. On my Carving I think I did very well because it looks very neat. My print was also in the registration which also keeps it in alignment.
 

5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
    I added depth by making the plants larger as you got closer to the giraffe. I also added the sun to the background to show that it is on the savannah.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
        I really liked printmaking because I really liked carving the image out of the linoleum and choosing which ink I was going to use. I took a printmaking elective at my middle school so I felt like I knew what I was doing. I think the hardest thing was getting the print in the registration marks
 

No comments:

Post a Comment